Reports and Presentations
In addition to helping you explore your data to research trends, Rhiza for Research is a powerful tool for sharing your research with others in your company and with clients. You can save any report in the system, including all of your visualizations, configurations, and filters.
Once you save a report, it officially becomes a presentation and is available from the Presentations table. You can present it dynamically from within Rhiza for Research or export it to a Microsoft PowerPoint file for easy portability and offline access.
Geographic report vs. Research report
You might notice that Rhiza for Research has two distinct types of reports that you can use as the basis for your presentation:
- Research report: This report, which can be used with any dataset that has at least one category data type, offers a range of visualizations, including column and bar charts, maps, scatter plots, and line charts. This topic focuses on Research-based presentations.
- Geographic report: This report, which can be used with any dataset you have access to, generates a map and a table visualization to help you geographically represent your information. It has a different look and feel, and it has a different workflow for creating presentations and templates. See Geographic Report overview for more information.
You can start one of these reports directly from the Research Reports tab in Rhiza for Research. Which one you choose depends on many factors, including the dataset, the types of visualizations you want to use, and your personal preference.
Use the graphic above to help orient you to the workspace. (Click the thumbnail to enlarge the image.)
- Titles: Both the presentation and section titles can be customized. Simply click the current name and start typing your new name in the edit field that opens.
- Actions button: Use this button to save your presentation, generate and download PowerPoint versions of your presentation, or delete a saved presentation. Once you save your presentation, all further changes are automatically saved by the system.
- Presentation options: The actions in this area affect the currently active section and include the following:
- Add Viz: Add any type of supported visualization to the presentation. By default, new visualizations are added to the bottom of the presentation.
- Layout: Change the layout of your presentation; you can have up to two visualizations side-by-side (a nice feature for making comparisons, or for showing a map paired with its corresponding table of data).
- Export Preview: See an approximation of what your section will look like when you export your presentation to PowerPoint.
- Create Template: Preserve the dataset, visualizations, configurations, and layout for the section so that it can be used to quickly create a similar presentation. For more on templates, see Templates.
- Sections pane: Presentations are divided into multiple independent sections. Sections can have different datasets, different filters, and different visualizations. Each section is represented by a thumbnail in the left panel of the page.
- Visualization pane: All of your visualizations are in this area. You can use the presentation options (C) to add additional visualization, change the layout, create a template, or preview what your presentation will look like in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Section Filters pane: All data-related information is in this pane. Use it to specify the dataset, define your data series, and set the grouping you want to aggregate to. Every time you make a change, you must click Apply Changes to see the new data reflected in the main presentation pane's visualizations.
© 2016, Rhiza, Inc. All rights reserved. Last updated March 01, 2016 04:33:49 PM.