Create a template
In the Research report, templates are created at the section level, rather than at the presentation level. This means that if you have a presentation with multiple sections, each section will have its own template.
Before you begin
Create a presentation with the dataset, data series, category, and visualizations you want. See if you want guidance on how to format and name items in the presentation to support template use.
- From the top of the presentation area, click Create Template to open the Template view. By default, everything in the template is locked, meaning that future users cannot make any changes.
- In the Section Filters Pane, determine which data series and grouping attributes you want to unlock. Use the padlock icon next to each attribute to specify its state:
- Unlocked, default: The default value is what you used when you created the initial presentation. When users create a presentation from this report, they can accept that default value for the attribute or they can replace it with another value.
- Unlocked, no default: When users create a presentation from this report, they must specify a value for this attribute.
- Click Create Template. The Create Template dialog box opens and offers options for saving the template.
- Optionally, change the template's name and adjust its privacy settings (by default, it is not shared). If your company supports the use of research questions on the home page, you can also designate the template as a question.
The Create Template dialog box lets you specify options for your new template
What to do next
Once you create a template, you can use it to quickly create presentations. See Use a template to create a presentation.
© 2016, Rhiza, Inc. All rights reserved. Last updated April 12, 2016 01:41:52 PM.